Thursday, December 3, 2009

Multi-Thread Chatting

It’s not uncommon for people to chat online with multiple people simultaneously and keep it all straight.  Sometimes I really wish you could open up multiple chat windows with the same person so we can talk about different topics simultaneously.  I don’t think it’d be any more complicated to keep straight than chatting with multiple people.

I do think two (or more) chat windows with the same person would come in really useful pretty often.  But you can’t do it.  I tried.  Maybe someday Google will realize how limiting it is to only have one conversation with a person at a time.

3 comments:

Dave Buck said...

I agree--when you're talking to someone, it is confusing to have just one conversation with them at once.

J said...

Well, you could always chat with the same person in different chat applications---Google and MSN for example....;)

Wm Krohn said...

That's actually a pretty good idea--one I hadn't considered. But then you have to have a double coincidence of multiple chat service wants. That's probably not too likely without prearranging it with the person. Though it might still be worth it ...

Post a Comment